Thursday, November 10

My Day Off



This is my first day off in 5 days. That is too many days to work in a row. So today I decided that I should go somewhere instead of just sitting here doing nothing.
I went to the Poudre Canyon, it is about 15 miles from my house, but it might as well be a million. There is very, very little traffic there and the sound is so absolute that you could easily meditate there.
I love nature, so this is a favorite spot of mine for when the world gets a little too much for me. Thankfully everyone else just goes shopping, so I had my little area all to myself.


This is why I love living in Colorado, b/c there is something beautiful to go see just outside your doorstep. I would love to live here, but it does get quite cold here in the winter. If you know me well, you know I don't like cold weather at all.
Hmm....you may be asking why the heck do you live in Colorado? Well take a look at these pictures and they will answer your question.

I have taken everyone who has visited to this canyon. My parents loved it, especially my dad. Mostly because it was quiet, and he does enjoy his quiet. This canyon has been there for me many times, I have vented my anger at the world there and layed in the sun. I will always remember this area as a very special spot and it will always hold deep meaning in my heart.


When breeze blows by,
drops of water come across
the lotus leaves,
cooling me down at evening
along with the crickets' cries.

-Minamoto no Toshiyori (1055-1129)

2 comments:

cyser said...

Beautiful pictures.... Poudre Canyon is such a treat.

BTW... give Exxon & global warming a chance. Soon the winters here will be nice and balmy. ;-) (Hell, it's mid-November and in the 70s!)

Lolly said...

True, but that isn't how I want the weather to become warm. I need to move somewhere that is naturally warm.