Thursday, October 26

No Sleep for the Insomniac

Well I had thought that the I had beatin this insomnia thing but it seems that I haven't. I am up can't sleep and it really sux. I guess it is good that I don't have to work today. Well...I am sitting down and enjoying my morning coffee and writing this post b/c I don't what else to do with the time right now.
I guess I am having a lot of things on my mind lately that might be causing this insomnia. If I could only pinpoint which one thought it is that is keeping me up at night. Oh well...there are worse things in this world.

Reading Jack Kerouac poetry in a coffee shop seems so right to me right now. I am going to get back into the beat authors. I just read "Franny and Zooey" by Salinger and have fallen in love with that book. It is going to be my new book that I read every month. Yes that is right folks it is replacing my beloved "Vurt". I will still read that book again (probably at least 50 more times). I highly recommend everyone out there read "Franny and Zooey." As you can see now the tiredness is affecting my train of thought. I am having a hard time staying on one topic right now. I will leave all of you with a poem right now.

Replied the good buddy:
"So now the bird's asleep
And that air plane gone
Let's all listen deep.

Everybody silent
Includin me
To catch the roar
Of eternity

That's ringin in our ears
Never-endingly.
You hear it Tom, Dick
And Harry Lee?

You hear it Slim
From Old Montan'?
You hear it Big Daddy
And Raggedy Dan?

You know what I mean
When I say eternity?
You heard it in your crib-
Shhh-Infinity."


-Jack Kerouac

Namaste

1 comment:

cyser said...

Rarely does one thought keep me awake through the night (but if it does, there's no mistaking what it is.) Usually it's the chorus... things I need to do, things I shouldn't have done, and the moments that slide by while I was paralized by inaction.

They murmur and mumble in my head with the voices of a thousand nagging doubts.

It is during those times I pray for simplicity.