Monday, January 2

Tokyo-Summer 2007


So my plan is to be there for the summer of 2007. I would like to spend a month or two there. I have looked into getting a furnished apartment in Shinjuku through the Sakura House. We shall see how that pans out. I am getting more excited about this, even though it is over a year away. This is a big thing for me, oh and if you didn't know...I am going by myself.
Now before I hear all this uproar about a women traveling by herself...I must tell you this. Tokyo is one of the safest cities in the world...I am not worried about myself, I am only worried about possibly getting lonely.
My friend Les has expressed an interest in going with me, but I haven't heard anything about it lately. I would love for her to come.
So Les if you are reading this, start saving then we can split the cost of the apartment ;) I will be getting my passport next week, that is the first step on this journey of self-discovery. I can let everyone know this now...and since my mom will be reading this, she needs to know as well. This trip is one of two things; a trip that I have been dreaming about, and a possible location to move to. I am prepared for the parental units to call me and object. But I didn't say that I was definately moving there, just scoping it out ;) So there are my reasons of going. That and man do I want to go to some Japanese Clubs!!!!!!!!!
Ok, well enough of my trip chit chat.
When I get more info on what's what I will let all y'all know.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful year...be good to yourselves.

Namaste

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm there baby!!! totally still down for the cause, fuck, let's never come back. anyways, i hope you read this, i have today off and would love to come visit you. been far too long! i have 2 weeks left on the shift from hell & all will be better after that. love ya hon and i'll call you at a more reasonable hour. ;)

cyser said...

A year and a half is a good amount of time to start planning/saving. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you reach your goal.

It sounds like you have the travel bug itching 'ya. It might be time to read "The Beach" again.

Lolly said...

Right on..I am glad you are down for the cause...start savin..we will be there...summer 2 monthes

Stephanie said...

How exciting, I remember you talking about doing this when we first met almost 10 years ago. Oh man, has it really been that long? Crazy. Live your dream!!!

I really hope that we can find a way to get together sometime in the near future. I miss you like crazy!!! I hope 2006 has been a good one for you so far! Take care!