Monday, April 10

Wish I saw Cherry Blossoms


With the coming of spring, my melancholy lifts.
I am not a cold weather girl, I can almost feel the song of my soul lamenting.
I have always enjoyed the first warm days of the year.
They make me feel so alive and joyous.
Today is such a day and what makes if even better is being able to enjoy it by being outside.
I am not right now, but I will be right after this post.
Here is a poem that I read this morning that struck a chord with me.

omokage ni
hana no sugata o
sakidatete
ikue koekinu
mine no shirakumo

How many times now
have I crossed over the hill crests
with the image
of blossoms leading me on-
toward nothing but white clouds?

-Fujiwara no Shunzei (1114-1204)

1 comment:

cyser said...

With all of life responding to the warming sun, is there any doubt that we respond in kind?

Glad to hear spring not only comes to the outside world, but to your spirit as well...

Cheers.