Monday, January 30

Coffee shop blues


So as I sit here in my fav coffee shop...I realize what a crap hole my job can be sometimes.
So right off I need to apologize to Heather...I love you hon but you gotta understand...I know you do.
I am pondering the search for a new job. Now I am really shy about doing this, I know that I can be quite outgoing but only around people that I know really well.
I am feeling down trodden and just generally pissy.
I love working in a coffee shop and that is what I want to continue to do, I just can't do it in Greeley anymore...just can't.
So the quest begins..should I go corporate or independent. I am thinking I am done with the corporate b.s. that I have to go through. I want the freedom that you can get by working for an independent.
I just watching a girl have an interview here at this coffee shop and she got hired on the spot...that should have been me!!!!!!!!
Well...that's ok..I will find one, and it will be better than what I do now. No Fricking Unforms!
Ok I think that I have some issues, but I am slowly coming to terms with this.
Here is my problem and the reason why I haven't left my job yet; I love my co-workers and I don't want to put them in a hard place b/c no one gets hired after I leave. So what I need from my friends is advice...I know that I will getting a new job the next couple monthes to come but I just need a little encouragement.
The little voice in my head tells me to go for it...get a new job, but I would feel guilty leaving my co-workers. SO there is my biggest dilemma..so please hope Laura make a decision. No holds barred people...I want honest opinions.
Just don't tell me what a dumbass I am...I already know that.

Thanx in advance to all my friends.
Namaste

3 comments:

cyser said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cyser said...

I would never call you a dumbass in a blog comment... only in person. ;-) j/k of course.

I have a feeling that you've reached the point in your current position where there is little else to gain. Sure, there are perks with being involved with a corporate entity, but are they worth the headache and soul drain?

In my opinion, you risk stagnation if you stay... and this is a particularly dreadful state to exist in. In stagnation, time is stolen minute by minute, day by day, as routine becomes the law. You are someone with a free spirit and an independent fire... not to mention quite a nomad (how many places have you lived?) I sense that you need fresh new surroundings to rekindle your glow.

It is time for change.

When it comes to coworkers, it's tough to leave them behind... after all, you've been in the trenches together and backed each other up everyday. But people (the ones I've worked with, anyway) are strong. They can make up for your loss. It might even make them a better employee because of it. It's certainly noble not to want to leave them in a bind, but they will adapt.

If you ask me, it comes down to this: you have to move on. You know this deep down. Without a doubt, you've put in your time and then some. You should have no guilt in progressing into the next phase of life... something that gives you more liberty to use the creative, artistic streak that shines through in your personality.

Your coworkers should realize this. If they are upset, then it is because of their own fears and inhibitions. If they truly care about you, then they should be excited to see you heading off to find new horizons; they should encourage your quest, for because of it you will become a profoudly more complex and fascinating person.

There is only so much blood you can give to the company before you have to go out and refill your spirit.

Take heart... there are many of us who will be supportive, no matter what decision you make.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Honey, when it's time to go, it's time to go. I am honestly in the same place. The only thing that is really keeping me there is the fact that I have 3 weeks vacation and my 2 weeks personal time. I will really need paid time off come wedding time. So...I will put in the rest of my time and when I am done with all the craziness it will be my time to say Sayonara Borders...best of luck to you. All of us completely understand. I would much rather see you happy than see you staying in a place that drains you of everything that makes you the Laura we all know and love. Happy Job Hunting!!!