Friday, June 30

Beer: The Great American Pastime


As we are about to embark on a national holiday, I start to see the police patrol the roads a little more intensly.
Does this seem sad to anyone else...that a holiday means that there will be more drunk people on the road. That you are really taking your life into your own hands when driving at nite this weekend??
Now don't get me wrong...I will be partaking of some beer this weekend. But I just want to encourage everyone out there that either you need to limit the amount you drink, or you need to stay put after the all day bbq aka beer fest has ended.
Friends let drunk friends stay at their house. Be it the floor, a couch, or in some circumstances an actual bed. Please make sure your friends are safe from harming themselves and others.

I really don't want to seem like a major downer...I just feel that more and more people are testing the limits when drunk.
Driving a car while intoxicated is not only dangerous but not easy.
This is a weekend for people to celebrate the independence of this nation, not seeing how drunk we can get.
SO please party hard and have fun but be safe.

On another note...I would like to comment on the Great American Beer Fest!!! I will be there (with bells on) I would love to partake in various different beers and have a great time. I will be taking a DD with me (I am the smart one...I know better than to think that I would be able to drive home after this major event)

These were just some of my wandering thoughts at work. I am sorry if you think my post is strange and somewhat oxymoronic. I like to have fun with my friends but will not take my life and someone elses in my hands and drive drunk. That is all that this post is implying.

Love to all my friends and have a safe weekend

1 comment:

cyser said...

A timely reminder for all of us who imbibe, be it occasionally or frequently. Getting trashed for the sake of being trashed loses its appeal as the years wear on. Moderation... what a crazy concept.